Monday, September 1, 2014

My Birthday.....New models!

My birthday isn't finished yet (well, it actually just started, it is only 10: 30 in the morning!) but I have already been to Murdochs and Dover Saddlery. I bought three new Traditionals. My sisters bought me a Classic set for my birthday. I am very happy.



                                                               Flexible 


I bought Flexible at Dover Saddlery. I was looking for Harley D Zip, or Sara Moniet, but neither of them at either store. So I settled with Flexible. He is slowly growing on me. He is very pretty, but I can't take him seriously with the fly bonnet that is WAY to big for him. 

Totilas 





I finally got Totilas. I have been skipping him in the store, thinking "he is pure black, and he is more expensive than the other models" but I finally gave in to his beautiful face. So cute! He is a little teetery though, so I am going to be very careful photo showing him. 



Snowman




I picked this handsome dude immediately. I have always wanted a Ravel model, and so I knew that this was my chance to get one. He is painted very well (well, for a WHITE horse), and his hooves are absolutely STUNNING.  



                                                                        Dartmoor Foal

My sisters bought me this set for my birthday. I love the foal and the mare. This little guy's snip is very well painted, and he only has a few flaws.....except for when he fell down this cement wall four feet and badly scratched his ear. Oh well.


                                                Dartmoor Mare



This girl didn't fall down the cement, thankfully. She is close to flawless, with a few painted nicks (look at the picture of her face). This is probably my favorite Classic mold, along with the standing Quarter Horse (Dexter). I can't wait to see how she photo shows!

 I also bought a Golden Retriever Schliech dog. I think I have an addiction to dogs now. Oh boy.


I also got a free Dover Saddlery Breyer blanket. It is a little too big for my other models, but fits perfectly on my monster model, Trooper. The Fly bonnet works the best for him, too. 

Left to Right: Ashani (Ashka's daughter), Dartmoor mare, Ashka

More on my birthday that hasn't finished later!
~CBL

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! Looks like your day is off to a great start. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! How old did you turn? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I turned fifteen. I thought I was sixteen, and I even woke up, got out of bed and said "I am so happy to be sixteen"! Hehe. I couldn't believe that I had somehow tricked myself. :)

      Delete
  3. How were you able to get your hands on a free Dover Saddlery breyer blanket? It's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The woman at the counter just handed one to me, and said I qualified for a free Dover Blanket. Either I paid over $50 dollars, bought a Traditional, or a Breyer model. Besides that I don't know how I qualified.

      ~CBL

      Delete
  4. That's a really good idea to use Flexi's ear bonnet on Trooper! I have both those horses but haven't used the bonnet since it looks so goofy, but with Trooper's long ears it doesn't look too bad! I bet it'd work on Mistral Hojris, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have Mistral Hojris, but I have seen his ears, and I am sure they would work for him!
      ~CBL
      P.S. Trooper really likes his new fly bonnet. :)

      Delete
  5. Happy belated Birthday! I hope it was amazing! :)
    I wish you all the best! :D

    ~Marina

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Feel free to comment....I love to get opinions, suggestions, and compliments. I will answer any questions. If you leave a link to your blog, I will check it out! Thanks, and enjoy Bits and Spurs!

~CBL (Colorado Breyer Lover)