Monday, May 19, 2014

Buckskin Dun


Hello everybody!
           Today I was thinking about Half Pint's color. I don't know if I have told you on this blog yet, but Half Pint was considered a bay for all of her life. But when she came to us we realized that she wasn't a bay at all.

She has a dorsal stripe and a little striping on her legs. her muzzle and around her eye's are a cream-yellow color.
(summer 1990's)

But she was still considered a bay-ish horse. The AMHA (American Miniature Horse Association) couldn't figure out her true color.

(last week)



(two pictures of her sister, Paintbrush Chili Pepper).


So, Mrs. June and I think that she is a dun of some sort. I spent a lot of time researching horses with the dun color. But, today I think I hit a home run. I searched "Buckskin Dun" online.









.....These look more like her color than these one below..




..But I guess that we will have to wait and see till the rest of her winter undercoat foals out and is replaced with her summer one!

~CBL
HORSE OF THE WEEK
Horse / where bluebirds fly..


P.S. What kind of color do you think she is?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Feel free to comment....I love to get opinions, suggestions, and compliments. I will answer any questions. If you leave a link to your blog, I will check it out! Thanks, and enjoy Bits and Spurs!

~CBL (Colorado Breyer Lover)