Thursday, November 20, 2014

November's 10 Questions

Hello all!
I found these ten questions over at this blog, http://rdxhorses.blogspot.com/. I thought I would do the ten questions also, so hang in with me! :)

1. Have you ever owned a horse? Yes. I own one horse (Ollie), and one mini (Rosie).

2. What is your favorite aspect of your discipline? I do many disciplines, riding in both an English and Western saddle, but I prefer Western disciplines because I have been riding in that style longer than I have English. Since I pretty much learned what I know now on a western saddle I seem to find it more comfortable. But I will be showing Ollie in English this next show season, and so I guess I will just have to learn to be comfortable with it!!  



3. What pet peeves do you have concerning your discipline? When people are so concerned about one particular set of riding and they bash the other. When I ride Western disciplines and I run into people riding English they tend to get a little "iffy" and "snobby" about my horses clothes. When I ride English discipline's Western people tend to get really snotty about you. That is my biggest pet peeve. 


4. Do you do barn chores?  Oh yes. All of them. I love it, too!!

5. What is your least favorite barn chore?  Cleaning the grooming tools and cleaning the saddle. I would rather be riding, personally. 

6. What do you consider the worst vice in a horse? Spooking and bucking. They can be hard to break, and you can really lose your confidence when you ride a horse who is a spring underneath you, ready to blow at any minute. Yikes. 

7. What saddle brand is your favorite? Don't have one. 

8. Do you ride with a quarter sheet in the winter? Not yet, but I probably will with all of the riding I will do on Ollie during the Winter. 

9. Does your horse wear boots? What kind? Ollie used to wear Easyboots with his former owner, but at this current moment he isn't using any. 

10. Full seat or knee patch breeches? Right now I am wearing knee patch, but full seat sounds nice too. I actually prefer to use jeans with a western saddle. I actually "stick" better. Do you?  



I hope you enjoyed my 10 questions! Kudos to all who have actually read all ten!! I applaud you!  

~CBL





9 comments:

  1. Ooo. Interesting. I think I'll use it on my blog. Okay I promise I'll post for real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your post. You did a great job. I hope that you post frequently. Thank you for mentioning me in your post also! It made my day!
      ~CBL
      ~CBL

      Delete
    2. Thanks for reading! I plan on taking real pictures today or tomorrow and posting more often. Also I have a blog related idea I'll have to email you about. Have a good day!

      Delete
  2. I loved the questions. One question: Do you ride with jeans in an English saddle? I tried and I "stuck" better, too. Since I'm not showing, I haven't invested in a good pair of jodhpurs or breeches so I just use jeans.
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I ride jeans with an english saddle also. I just happen to stick better with jeans, so I use those all of the time!
      ~CBL

      Delete
  3. I'm going to do this on my blog too. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I will be excited when you publish the post, and I will be sure to read it!
      ~CBL

      Delete

Hello! Feel free to comment....I love to get opinions, suggestions, and compliments. I will answer any questions. If you leave a link to your blog, I will check it out! Thanks, and enjoy Bits and Spurs!

~CBL (Colorado Breyer Lover)