Monday, November 4, 2013


One day I offered to redo a friend-of-mine's Breyer horse. It was in a Breyer painting kit. Breyer doesn't offer very good paints to do the job of a stunning horse, though, so she readily handed the mold over to me to do some fixing up. I brought it home, and started to work on it the very next day.

First, I ripped off the mohair that was glued on the horse. Then, I started to prep. I looked over the body of the mold, and scraped off the old paint job. It was very tough. I bought some acrylic paints, paint brushes, an x-acto knife, and some matte sealant. I remade another mane and tail with a special kind of epoxy just for crafting and model horses, and I put some feathers in the legs. I wanted the horse to be a mustang.

I used many paints to achieve the color I wanted. I mainly used the color Burnt sienna for the project. Then I finished off with lots of sanding, more painting, and then many coats of sealant.

TA DA!!! Meet Royal Blood. I love the paint job that I did on this horse, and I hope that I can do something like this again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Feel free to comment....I love to get opinions, suggestions, and compliments. I will answer any questions. If you leave a link to your blog, I will check it out! Thanks, and enjoy Bits and Spurs!

~CBL (Colorado Breyer Lover)